Design firm to create Raleigh police memorial
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Memorial Foundation said Monday it has awarded a contract to a Raleigh firm to design and construct a memorial honoring fallen Raleigh Police Department officers.
The foundation has been collecting funds for the memorial that is expected to cost about $500,000.
When completed, the memorial will stand at the entrance to the Avery C. Upchurch Government Complex at 222 W. Hargett St. The memorial is scheduled to be completed by May 2014.
wake county, raleigh police, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 4 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham 43 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole 52 min ago
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in...
41 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car...
52 min ago