Man robbed at Durham bank
DURHAM (WTVD) -- For the second time in a week, someone robbed a man in a bank parking lot in Durham.
Monday's robbery happened at the SunTrust bank off N.C. Highway 54.
The man was knocked to the ground and his money bag snatched.
The incident is similar to one that happened last Tuesday at a SunTrust branch on North Roxboro Road.
Police aren't saying yet whether the two incidents are related.
The suspects in both cases are still on the run despite a massive manhunt along Avondale Drive and the 2000 block of North Roxboro Road Monday.
That is where the two suspects in Monday's incident abandoned their getaway car and fled on foot.
Police rushed into a few businesses in the area, including a McDonald's restaurant.
With the help of a K-9 unit, they picked up a trail nearby, but still have yet to locate the two people they believe robbed the bank customer.
The other similarity with last Tuesday's robbery is the getaway car. The suspects in that case also dumped their vehicle moments after stealing money from a man.
Anyone with information is urged to call police.
durham county, robbery, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help