BNSF Metra trains moving again - but delayed
March 18, 2013 -- Metra trains are moving once again after an incident on the BNSF line in Hinsdale led to major delays and cancellations.
Trains in both directions were stopped for more than an hour after the incident, which occurred around 3 p.m. Monday, in Hinsdale. Around 5 p.m., outbound trains started moving, slowly. Two of the three tracks reopened.
Inbound trains are still delayed.
Police say Train No. 1268 struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 2 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 28 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 21 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 43 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 43 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 42 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 28 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
38 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
54 min ago