BNSF Metra trains moving again - but delayed
March 18, 2013 -- Metra trains are moving once again after an incident on the BNSF line in Hinsdale led to major delays and cancellations.
Trains in both directions were stopped for more than an hour after the incident, which occurred around 3 p.m. Monday, in Hinsdale. Around 5 p.m., outbound trains started moving, slowly. Two of the three tracks reopened.
Inbound trains are still delayed.
Police say Train No. 1268 struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 43 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 6 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft