BNSF Metra trains moving again - but delayed
March 18, 2013 -- Metra trains are moving once again after an incident on the BNSF line in Hinsdale led to major delays and cancellations.
Trains in both directions were stopped for more than an hour after the incident, which occurred around 3 p.m. Monday, in Hinsdale. Around 5 p.m., outbound trains started moving, slowly. Two of the three tracks reopened.
Inbound trains are still delayed.
Police say Train No. 1268 struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 16 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 10 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors 58 min ago
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help