Crash kills two in Harnett County
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed and two others were rushed to the hospital after a violent crash in Harnett County Monday afternoon.
Authorities said it happened in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 421 around 4:30 p.m.
The accident involved a construction truck and a car.
According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the driver of the truck - 43-year-old Paul Thurman Ennis - crossed the center line and hit the car head on.
The two occupants of the car - 26-year-old JoAnna Christina Council, of Lillington, and 38-year-old Christian Lee Womack, of Raleigh - were both killed.
Ennis' passenger - 30-year-old Jonathan Dearl Mason, of Dunn - was treated and released from the hospital. Ennis remained hospitalized at WakeMed Tuesday.
Troopers said the investigation continues and charges are pending.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide