Crash kills two in Harnett County
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed and two others were rushed to the hospital after a violent crash in Harnett County Monday afternoon.
Authorities said it happened in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 421 around 4:30 p.m.
The accident involved a construction truck and a car.
According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the driver of the truck - 43-year-old Paul Thurman Ennis - crossed the center line and hit the car head on.
The two occupants of the car - 26-year-old JoAnna Christina Council, of Lillington, and 38-year-old Christian Lee Womack, of Raleigh - were both killed.
Ennis' passenger - 30-year-old Jonathan Dearl Mason, of Dunn - was treated and released from the hospital. Ennis remained hospitalized at WakeMed Tuesday.
Troopers said the investigation continues and charges are pending.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help