Crash kills two in Harnett County
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed and two others were rushed to the hospital after a violent crash in Harnett County Monday afternoon.
Authorities said it happened in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 421 around 4:30 p.m.
The accident involved a construction truck and a car.
According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the driver of the truck - 43-year-old Paul Thurman Ennis - crossed the center line and hit the car head on.
The two occupants of the car - 26-year-old JoAnna Christina Council, of Lillington, and 38-year-old Christian Lee Womack, of Raleigh - were both killed.
Ennis' passenger - 30-year-old Jonathan Dearl Mason, of Dunn - was treated and released from the hospital. Ennis remained hospitalized at WakeMed Tuesday.
Troopers said the investigation continues and charges are pending.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 22 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU fans gather for March Madness watch party 15 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament 7 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Sleet falls in northern counties
22 min ago
- Government drops sex assault charges...
11 min ago
- NCCU headed for the NCCA tournament
11 min ago