General Assembly officer arrested on sex charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A General Assembly police officer is off the force after being arrested on child sex charges.
Wake County Sheriff's investigators arrested Daniel Evans Friday at the Legislative Office Building.
Arrest warrants show Evans is charged with first-degree rape, statutory rape, and indecent liberties involving two children.
The warrants show the alleged incidents happened between 2002 and 2008.
Evans resigned from his position Monday.
His bail has been set at $1 million.
sex offense, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests 12 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 3 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments 34 min ago
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- Sandwich shop closed for employee 'attitude adjustment'
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect
- Family of 7 displaced in Carrboro fire
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
34 min ago
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday...
44 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help