CPD seizes 1,400 guns in 2013
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police seized more than 1,400 firearms since the new year began as part of their anti-violence efforts.
Earlier Monday, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed some of the guns that his officers seized. He said the Chicago Lawn District saw the greatest drop in murders city-wide, and also recovered the most firearms in area central.
McCarthy says he and his officers are doing everything possible to keep illegal guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- Powerball players check their tickets 56 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos