CPD seizes 1,400 guns in 2013
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police seized more than 1,400 firearms since the new year began as part of their anti-violence efforts.
Earlier Monday, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed some of the guns that his officers seized. He said the Chicago Lawn District saw the greatest drop in murders city-wide, and also recovered the most firearms in area central.
McCarthy says he and his officers are doing everything possible to keep illegal guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy