Church fire reroutes CTA bus
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A fire breaks out at a church on the city's Near West Side,causing problems for CTA passengers.
The fire broke out around 12:30 p.m. at the Saint Basil Greek Orthodox Church in the 700-block of South Ashland Ave. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the small fire, which originated at the base of an altar.
The CTA's Ashland Avenue bus had to be re-routed, and streets in the area were shut down.
The fire was put out in about 20 minutes.
- Two dead in Wendell home 1 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 39 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 42 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 59 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Money Saver: Best and worst buys in March
7 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
37 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for...
41 min ago