Clayton scooter driver killed in Raleigh school bus crash
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Police say the driver of a motorized scooter was killed in a collision with a Wake County school bus early Tuesday.
It happened along NC 54/Chapel Hill Road at Edwards Mill Road around 6 a.m.
Investigators said the bus attempted a left turn onto Edwards Mill Road and collided with the scooter driven by 41-year-old Joe Cephus Shelton III of Allison Way, Clayton.
Police said it appeared the headlight on the scooter was not on at the time of the crash - which was before dawn.
The Raleigh Police Department said its investigation continues and it would consult with the district attorney on any charges that might be filed.
wake county, local/state
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping