Clayton scooter driver killed in Raleigh school bus crash
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Police say the driver of a motorized scooter was killed in a collision with a Wake County school bus early Tuesday.
It happened along NC 54/Chapel Hill Road at Edwards Mill Road around 6 a.m.
Investigators said the bus attempted a left turn onto Edwards Mill Road and collided with the scooter driven by 41-year-old Joe Cephus Shelton III of Allison Way, Clayton.
Police said it appeared the headlight on the scooter was not on at the time of the crash - which was before dawn.
The Raleigh Police Department said its investigation continues and it would consult with the district attorney on any charges that might be filed.
wake county, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her 7 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 38 min ago
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 37 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 4 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Community comes together to fight for...
4 min ago
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape...
7 min ago
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to...
26 min ago