Northerly Island Charter One Pavilion expanding to hold more people, report says
March 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago's Northerly Island could host bigger events soon. Plans to expand the Charter One Pavilion are in place, according to a published report.
The Chicago Tribune reports the plans call for approximately 600 more seats and lawn seating to hold 20,000 people.
Chicago's plan commission was set to meet Thursday at city hall to vote on the $3 million project.
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport 27 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill 8 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Wake Forest due to gas leak 25 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
7 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos