Police-involved shooting at South Side park
March 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two armed men shot at Chicago police officers, who fired back at the suspects near 58th and Shields on Tuesday.
Pat Camden, a spokesman for the police union, said the officers were responding to a call of shots fired at a South Side park.
Upon arrival, police found two armed men. An 18-year-old male victim was on the ground.
Police pursued the suspects, who exchanged gunfire with the officers, Camden said.
No one was hit, and officers took the two suspects into custody.
The victim was transported to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
Several people are being questioned as a part of the investigation.
Camden said the incident, which happened at about 4:30 p.m., is gang-related.
local, michelle gallardo
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan 23 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom