Phone line falls on school bus
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A report that a power line had fallen on a school bus turned out to be a harmless phone cable Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of W. Edgewood Drive around 8:30 a.m. The road is near North Roxboro Street - north of Interstate 85.
The cable was taken off the bus and it continued on its way.
Just last month, more than a dozen students were evacuated from a school bus when it backed into a pole, bringing live electric wires down on the vehicle. No one was hurt.
durham county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 7 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes 24 min ago
- NC has fewer teachers and more students 18 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help