Shots fired near Shaw University, teen charged
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Shaw University student is facing charges in connection with a shooting that left one person injured early Thursday morning.
It happened around midnight across the street from the university on South Person Street in downtown Raleigh.
Police said 18-year-old Antonio Quinones was shot in the lower leg following an argument. No one else was injured.
Darrin Baker, of Omaha, Neb. has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill, and discharging a firearm in the city limits.
The19 year old told authorities he is a student at Shaw University.
Baker is currently in the Wake County Jail under $75,000 bond.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 14 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC 47 min ago
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video 41 min ago
- Charge dropped in Cary culvert fire
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for...
14 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help