Homeowner shoots intruder in Elm City
ELM CITY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A homeowner fired at an intruder inside her home in Wilson County Friday morning.
It happened around 10:43 a.m. as the woman was hiding in the closet of a home on Tonya Road.
Police said one of two suspects approached the victim, and the homeowner then shot the suspect.
Both suspects then fled from the residence.
The wounded suspect, 18-year-old Christopher Devonte Joseph, was found about 300 feet from the home. He was transported to the hospital where he was last listed in stable condition.
The other suspect, 16-year-old Michael Daquarius Bynum, fled into a wooded area and was eventually located and arrested. He's being held on a $25,000 bond.
Both suspects were charged with breaking and entering and possession of marijuana.
The homeowner will not face any charges.
wilson county, robbery, local/state
- Large amount of meth found near RDU airport 17 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Officials investigating possible tornado...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos