Strickland Bridge Road to reopen sooner
HOPE MILLS , N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Transportation says it plans to reopen Strickland Bridge Road six months earlier than expected.
Crews closed the road earlier this month between Dundle and Fisher Roads near Hope Mills so they could work on the bridge.
Right now, there is a seven-mile detour in place right now.
The DOT planned to reopen the road next March.
Now, it's expected to reopen this September.
cumberland county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help