Man killed in Raleigh wreck
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man was killed in an accident early Saturday morning on US-264 in Raleigh, according to police.
Thirty-year-old Silvestre Betancourt, of Raleigh, was traveling east on US-264 toward New Hope Road when he ran off the road. Betancourt overcorrected, causing the vehicle to overturn and slide 151 feet before coming to rest on its roof.
Betancourt was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. He was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Police said he was not speeding and was wearing a seatbelt, but they suspect alcohol played a role.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2 5 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help