Man killed in Raleigh wreck
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man was killed in an accident early Saturday morning on US-264 in Raleigh, according to police.
Thirty-year-old Silvestre Betancourt, of Raleigh, was traveling east on US-264 toward New Hope Road when he ran off the road. Betancourt overcorrected, causing the vehicle to overturn and slide 151 feet before coming to rest on its roof.
Betancourt was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. He was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Police said he was not speeding and was wearing a seatbelt, but they suspect alcohol played a role.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 47 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 42 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 33 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
47 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
45 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
42 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help