Man killed in Raleigh wreck
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- One man was killed in an accident early Saturday morning on US-264 in Raleigh, according to police.
Thirty-year-old Silvestre Betancourt, of Raleigh, was traveling east on US-264 toward New Hope Road when he ran off the road. Betancourt overcorrected, causing the vehicle to overturn and slide 151 feet before coming to rest on its roof.
Betancourt was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. He was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Police said he was not speeding and was wearing a seatbelt, but they suspect alcohol played a role.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire 26 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes 20 min ago
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle 51 min ago
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives 23 min ago
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- How to cope with tragedies
3 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
34 min ago
- Search and rescue efforts continue in...
31 min ago