Son of former crime control boss jailed
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The son of a former state secretary of crime control will spend at least a year behind bars for violating his parole.
Bryan Beatty Junior was charged with having guns in his possession back in February - after a 2012 arrest for an armed standoff with police.
Monday, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to between 14 and 26 months in prison - and ordered to have a mental evaluation.
Beatty Senior, who's now on the state utilities commission, says his son has a mental illness.
wake county, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 33 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 11 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 29 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 21 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 33 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
6 min ago