Suspects charged in road rage shooting
NEWPORT, N.C. (WTVD) -- WCTI-TV reports that deputies have charged a Lenoir County couple for allegedly firing shots after a road rage brawl in Newport was caught on video.
Investigators say it started around 1 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 70 in the James City area of Craven County when the driver of a SUV apparently felt like the driver of the pickup truck tried to run him off the road.
Authorities said 40-year-old Bradley Turner and 30-year-old Christy Turner both of La Grange, turned themselves in Monday afternoon.
Bradley was charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. Christy was charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun.
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help