Suspects charged in road rage shooting
NEWPORT, N.C. (WTVD) -- WCTI-TV reports that deputies have charged a Lenoir County couple for allegedly firing shots after a road rage brawl in Newport was caught on video.
Investigators say it started around 1 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 70 in the James City area of Craven County when the driver of a SUV apparently felt like the driver of the pickup truck tried to run him off the road.
Authorities said 40-year-old Bradley Turner and 30-year-old Christy Turner both of La Grange, turned themselves in Monday afternoon.
Bradley was charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. Christy was charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 26 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge 30 min ago
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 39 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
24 min ago
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
29 min ago
- Authorities investigating man's death as...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help