Sticker Shock! $10 gas?
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The prices at a Durham gas station bring a whole new meaning to the phrase sticker shock.
The sign at the Citgo at the intersection of University and Dixon Roads advertised regular gas at $9.95 per gallon.
The clerk working inside the store told ABC11 he didn't know why the prices were so high on the sign. The pumps at the gas station were covered, and he said the store was out of gas.
Gas was going for $3.65 at other stations on University Road Wednesday night. The national average is $3.63, according to Gas Buddy.
durham county, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Photos: 9 bizarre air travel mishaps of 2013
- State gives OK for possum drop celebration in NC 26 min ago
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help