Sticker Shock! $10 gas?
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The prices at a Durham gas station bring a whole new meaning to the phrase sticker shock.
The sign at the Citgo at the intersection of University and Dixon Roads advertised regular gas at $9.95 per gallon.
The clerk working inside the store told ABC11 he didn't know why the prices were so high on the sign. The pumps at the gas station were covered, and he said the store was out of gas.
Gas was going for $3.65 at other stations on University Road Wednesday night. The national average is $3.63, according to Gas Buddy.
durham county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help