Man charged with injuring wife, deputy
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Hope Mills man is facing charges in a dispute that injured his wife and a Cumberland County Sheriff's deputy.
Authorities said they were called to 50-year-old James Walter Gillich Jr.'s home after he allegedly choked his wife by grabbing her by the throat and pushing her against a wall.
His wife told detectives that she had difficulty breathing and thought she was going to pass out.
Gillich refused to comply with deputies who asked him to have seat, and reportedly became aggressive when Sgt. M. Honeycutt began to handcuff him.
Honeycutt said he felt and heard a loud popping noise and realized his knee was injured during the scuffle. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he is expected to undergo surgery.
Gillich has been charged with assault by strangulation, second-degree kidnapping and assault on a female. He was in the Cumberland County Detention Center under $5,000 bond.
cumberland county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help