Sequestration leads to cutbacks at local museum
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- There is new fallout to the budget cuts known as sequestration.
The Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville will be closing four days a week.
Visitors will be welcomed only on Fridays and Saturdays (from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Sundays (from noon to 5 p.m.)
The new hours take effect April 1.
The Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau says the museum saw its two millionth visitor earlier this month.
The museum opened in 2000.
cumberland county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help