Police search for hit and run driver
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are working to locate the driver involved in a hit-and-run collision Friday night that left one person seriously injured.
Police said shortly after 10:30 p.m., 28-year-old Brian John Moore, of Raleigh was riding a motor scooter traveling east on Western Boulevard when he was struck from behind by a vehicle that fled the scene.
The car involved was described as light-colored, newer-model, four-door sedan. It likely will have front-end damage as a result of the crash.
Moore was transported to WakeMed for treatment of serious injuries sustained in the collision.
Anyone with information that might assist investigating officers is asked to contact police. Anonymous tips can be provided by calling (919) 834-HELP or by going to www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for instructions on how to report a tip online or by text message.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County 47 min ago
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help