Police search for hit and run driver
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are working to locate the driver involved in a hit-and-run collision Friday night that left one person seriously injured.
Police said shortly after 10:30 p.m., 28-year-old Brian John Moore, of Raleigh was riding a motor scooter traveling east on Western Boulevard when he was struck from behind by a vehicle that fled the scene.
The car involved was described as light-colored, newer-model, four-door sedan. It likely will have front-end damage as a result of the crash.
Moore was transported to WakeMed for treatment of serious injuries sustained in the collision.
Anyone with information that might assist investigating officers is asked to contact police. Anonymous tips can be provided by calling (919) 834-HELP or by going to www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for instructions on how to report a tip online or by text message.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home 44 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 45 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2 52 min ago
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney 19 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching...
28 min ago
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trial
36 min ago
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
40 min ago