Fire breaks out at Goodyear tire plant
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Firefighters in Fayetteville responded to a fire at the Goodyear tire plant on Ramsay Street Saturday afternoon.
According to union officials at the plant, the fire was started by an electrical short in a machine in the component room. This is a part of the plant where fabric and other components used in tire making are put together.
The smoke filled part of the plant and the building suffered heavy smoke damage.
The plant did not shut down, and employees were still working Saturday night. One worker was sent to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation then released. No other injuries were reported.
Goodyear plant is the largest radial tire plant in the country. It employees around 2,000 people and is the largest civilian employer in Fayetteville and Cumberland County.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 24 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 19 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots 45 min ago
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 10 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
24 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
22 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
19 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help