Sanford crash kills two
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A car accident in Lee County killed two people and injured another early Saturday morning, according to The Highway Patrol.
Troopers responded to the accident on NC Highway 78 near the intersection of Courtland Drive just before 2 a.m.
Three people inside a Honda Civic were all ejected during the crash. Officials said the driver lost control, causing the car to hit a post, a golf cart, and a tree.
Franicsco Javier Mendoza and Jose Ignacio Atrisco-Solis were pronounced dead. Francisco Olea Soto was taken to UNC Hospitals. His injuries are unknown. All three of the men were 23 years old.
Troopers said no one in the car was wearing a seatbelt and speed was a factor in the crash. Officials also suspect alcohol use was involved.
lee county, accident, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help