Soldier charged with child abuse
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Detectives have charged a Fort Bragg soldier with abusing his 5-week-old infant so severely the baby was left with major brain injuries.
Steve Ray Bravo, 24, of the 700 block of Wellons Ave, Spring Lake, was arrested Monday. Bail was set at $75,000.
Spring Lake police say they began their investigation after the infant was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center March 28 with breathing problems. Doctors said the baby had injuries consistent with abuse.
fort bragg, cumberland county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 8 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help