Sheriff: Woman starved dog to death
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County Sheriff Lane Carter says his deputies have charged a Taylortown woman with felony animal cruelty after serving a search warrant at a home.
Deputies were looking for illegal drugs. They said they also found a dead pit bull in a pen in the back yard on March 27. Animal control officers determined the animal died of starvation.
Devonna Patrice Roundtree, 32, of Taylor Avenue, Taylortown, is charged with one count of felony animal cruelty and one count of felony killing an animal by starvation.
She had previously been charged with felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substances, and misdemeanor child abuse.
Bond for the cruelty charges was set at $10,000. Her next court date is set for April 15.
moore county, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke 38 min ago
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help