No charges in fatal pedestrian accident
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- No charges will be filed in fatal bus stop accident near Garner that happened last month.
Authorities say they have now closed the investigation into the accident that killed 14-year-old Maria Jimenez.
She was hit by a car on N.C. Highway 50 near Garner on March 25 when she darted across the street before her bus was stopped.
First Sgt. Jeff Gordon, the public information officer for the Highway Patrol, said the amber lights on the school bus were flashing when the accident happened, but the red ones were not because the bus was not at a full stop.
The school bus was headed to Garner Magnet High School.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 10 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 7 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 57 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 48 min ago
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during...
34 min ago
- Money Saver: Gift cards
36 min ago
- Santa comes early for Rocky Mount twins on...
47 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help