No charges in fatal pedestrian accident
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- No charges will be filed in fatal bus stop accident near Garner that happened last month.
Authorities say they have now closed the investigation into the accident that killed 14-year-old Maria Jimenez.
She was hit by a car on N.C. Highway 50 near Garner on March 25 when she darted across the street before her bus was stopped.
First Sgt. Jeff Gordon, the public information officer for the Highway Patrol, said the amber lights on the school bus were flashing when the accident happened, but the red ones were not because the bus was not at a full stop.
The school bus was headed to Garner Magnet High School.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill 50 min ago
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Winds blow into NC as temperatures plummet
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 28 min ago
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline