Former Butterball employee submits animal abuse plea
SHANNON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A fifth employee of a Hoke County Butterball turkey farm has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.
Undercover investigators for the animal rights group "Mercy for Animals" shot video at the farm last year. They claim the video shows widespread abuse of turkeys at the farm.
Thursday, Butterball worker Ronnie Jacobs pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.
Four other workers were convicted of the same charge.
All five have lost their jobs.
hoke county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos