Woman's body found under bridge in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a body under a bridge over Crooked Creek in the 400 block of Latta Road in Durham.
Officers responded to a call shortly after 11 a.m. Friday and found the body of an adult female lying underneath a bridge. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have identified the woman as 38-year-old Tina Mayard, of Durham.
The cause of death has not been determined. The body is being sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh for an autopsy.
Anyone who may have information is asked to call (919) 560-4440, ext. 29322 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 7 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help