American Tobacco Trail opens for 2013 season in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The City of Durham kicked off the 2013 season of the American Tobacco Trail Friday.
The "Our Trails, Our Town" event was held on the trail at the corner of Morehead Avenue and Blackwell Street.
Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez and City Councilman Steve Schewel were on hand along with trail watch volunteers and organizations that use the trails to promote health activity and security for all who use Durham trails.
Special activities at Friday's evening included a non-competitive walk, bike tune ups, information booths, food vendors, and volunteer trail watch recruitment.
Several improvements, including cameras, signage, and maintenance, have been made over the past few months aimed at helping trail users enjoy the trail even more.
durham county, tobacco trail, local/state
- Authorities investigating fatal shooting 34 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Authorities investigating shooting at gas station 34 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help