Durham named 'Tastiest Town in the South'
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Move over New Orleans, Miami and Charleston, Durham is now the 'Tastiest Town in the South'. That is according to voters who took part in a survey by Southern Living Magazine.
The magazine made the announcement Tuesday at the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Southern Living selected the 10 finalist and then residents and readers voted.
The magazine's travel and features editor said Durham's community spirit helped put the city on top.
"The community was really engaged," Jennifer Cole said. "You know there were things that you could scan and vote at food trucks. There were posters, there were cards that went into you know your check when you got your ticket at a restaurant. There were Twitter parties, they were, I mean hash tags. It was sort of the social media storm that took over."
Durham will be featured in the May issue of Southern Living Magazine that comes out next week.
durham county, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help