I-85 in Durham reopened after accident
DURHAM (WTVD) -- All lanes of Interstate 85 in Durham have been reopened after an accident shutdown southbound lanes early Thursday morning.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. near exit 177 at NC-55 and Avondale Drive in Durham.
Authorities said an 18-wheeler carrying produce collided with a car transport truck and overturned, blocking multiple lanes.
The driver of the big rig had minor injuries and was taken to the hospital to be checked out after being pinned in the wreckage. The other driver was treated at the scene by EMS.
Authorities said debris was scattered about one-half mile down the interstate.Crews worked for hours cleaning up the scene.
Further details about the accident, including pending charges, have not been released at this time.
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help