AMBER Alert canceled for Sommer Brown, 12-year-old kidnapped from Texas; girl found safe
April 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Illinois State Police said Sunday that an AMBER alert for a 12-year-old girl kidnapped from Texas was canceled after the girl was found safe.
Sommer Brown was reported missing yesterday in Cedar Hill, Texas. Police suspected that she was with her mother, 43-year-old Lisa Elizabeth Brown, who does not have custody of the girl. The suspect was driving a gray 2006 Ford Expedition with Texas temporary license plate 86P 3357.
Authorities said Saturday they thought the pair might be en route to Chicago.
Chicago police said Sunday they received information that Sommer Brown and her mother were located near Indianapolis. Cedar Hill police confirmed that, adding that it was an Indianapolis officer whoe noticed the vehicle and contacted Cedar Hill authorities.
Police also said Lisa Elizabeth Brown was in police custody Sunday.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival 33 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67 26 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg