2nd man charged in Logan Square robbery caught on tape
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A second man has been charged in the robbery of a Logan Square convenience store that was caught on surveillance tape.
Keith Owens appeared in court Wednesday to face attempted murder and armed robbery charges.
Another man was charged last week.
Luis Quizhpe was shot several times as he struggled with the robbers at his flag and souvenir store, located in the 2200-block of North Western Avenue, on April 9. The robbers were armed with guns. Quizhpe had a bat.
Cornell Mack, 53, was charged last week with attempted first degree murder, armed robbery and discharge of a firearm.
Officials say Mack was shot by his alleged accomplice during the chaos.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 13 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 38 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 28 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 23 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up