Warsaw Ghetto uprising tribute at City Hall
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel unveiled a City Hall exhibit honoring the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.
The photo exhibit pays tribute to the uprising and to the Jewish fighters who battled the Nazis.
It was the largest Jewish uprising against the Germans in occupied Europe.
The mayor was joined by two survivors of the ghetto.
The exhibit will remain at City Hall through the beginning of June.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help