Video of Vernon Hills police station shooting released
April 17, 2013 (VERNON HILLS, Ill.) -- Vernon Hills Police have released the video of an officer shooting a man in the lobby of the police station earlier this month.
It happened April 3 when the victim, 53 year old Howard Lazarus, walked into the station and showed a fake, but realistic-looking, handgun.
The officer fired twice and hit Lazarus in the abdomen.
He was treated at the hospital and later released.
Police say Lazarus had a note in his pocket that said he was dying from cancer and couldn't do the deed himself.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 1 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 1 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
8 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help