Raleigh shooting victims identified by police
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating a shooting in north Raleigh after two people were dropped off at a hospital Wednesday night.
Three people were reportedly shot around 10:30 p.m. outside some townhomes in the 4900 block of Brook Knoll Place off of Millbrook and Old Wake Forest Roads.
When officers arrived, they located 32-year-old Marcus Shu-Aib Smith suffering from a gunshot wound to an arm. His injury was not life-threatening.
Smith said he was approached by four suspects, at least some of whom were armed, as he returned home. Smith was able to get a handgun from one of the suspects. Gunfire erupted and the victim and two suspects were struck.
All four suspects then got into a car and fled the scene. A short time later, two suspects were dropped off at Rex Hospital.
The two suspects at Rex Hospital were identified as 33-year-old Barshiri Ahmed Sandy and 35-year-old Henry R. Surpris. After receiving initial medical care at Rex, they were transported to WakeMed for further treatment. Their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Sandy and Surpris have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
The suspects will be taken to the Wake County Jail when they are released from the hospital.
The investigation into the shootings continues.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to either call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help