Beloved family pet killed in Raleigh house fire
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh family is grieving after their beloved pet died in a house fire Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 11 a.m. in the 5300 block of Barclay Drive.
Images from Chopper11 HD showed several fire crews battling flames shooting through the roof of the house.
No one was at home at the time, but when the homeowners arrived to the scene they told officials their dog was inside.
The family was visibly distraught after they learned their mix-breed terrier, Spirit, did not survive.
The family said their house can be replaced, but their dog -- who had been a member of the family for 10 years -- cannot.
The 1,200 square foot home sustained significant damage and appeared to be a total loss. The cause of the fire has not been released.
Buck Jones Road had to be closed for several hours between Jones Franklin and Bashford roads as crews cleared fire equipment.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 53 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school 56 min ago
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- Sandwich shop closed for employee 'attitude adjustment'
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
47 min ago
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
56 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help