Kinston man charged with murdering brother
LaGRANGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Kinston man is charged with murdering his brother after the two got into an argument, according to Wayne County deputies.
Officials said while driving down the road, 28-year-old Richard Thomas, of Kinston and 34-year-old Benjamin Thomas, also of Kinston got into an argument.
According to an eyewitness, the vehicle stopped a home in LaGrange where the argument continued, and Benjamin Thomas shot Richard Thomas.
Richard then got out of the car, walked a few steps and collapsed. Benjamin left walking toward Lenoir County, while the witness contacted authorities.
On Saturday around 11:39 a.m., Wayne County deputies responded to the home and they found Richard deceased in the yard.
Officials found Benjamin walking down the road inside Lenoir County. The gun was later recovered on the side of a ditch on Old Jason Road, in Wayne County.
Benjamin Thomas was charged with one count of murder. He was being held in the Wayne County Detention Center without bond.
wayne county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma 51 min ago
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 46 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 36 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 6 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help