Man charged in 3 ATM break-ins
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police have arrested a man in three separate break-ins at Goldsboro bank ATMs.
On April 19, police were called to the Bank of America on Cashwell Drive after someone tried to get into an ATM's safe. A security camera was also covered in white spray paint. The burglar was not able to get into the safe and no money was taken, but the machine was damaged in the attempt.
Then on Sunday, police got an alarm from the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union Cashpoints ATM on Berkeley Boulevard. Officers found someone had forced open an access door in an attempt to get to the machine's internal safe. But again, the burglar was unsuccessful and no cash was taken.
Monday morning, officers got a second alarm at the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union Cashpoints ATM on Highway 111 South.
When police got there, they arrested 35-year-old Lorenzo Marice Farrow of Longleaf Avenue, Goldsboro. He's charged with three counts of felony breaking and entering, three counts of safecracking, and one count of possession of burglary tools.
He was taken to the Wayne County Jail.
wayne county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche