Man charged in 3 ATM break-ins
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police have arrested a man in three separate break-ins at Goldsboro bank ATMs.
On April 19, police were called to the Bank of America on Cashwell Drive after someone tried to get into an ATM's safe. A security camera was also covered in white spray paint. The burglar was not able to get into the safe and no money was taken, but the machine was damaged in the attempt.
Then on Sunday, police got an alarm from the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union Cashpoints ATM on Berkeley Boulevard. Officers found someone had forced open an access door in an attempt to get to the machine's internal safe. But again, the burglar was unsuccessful and no cash was taken.
Monday morning, officers got a second alarm at the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union Cashpoints ATM on Highway 111 South.
When police got there, they arrested 35-year-old Lorenzo Marice Farrow of Longleaf Avenue, Goldsboro. He's charged with three counts of felony breaking and entering, three counts of safecracking, and one count of possession of burglary tools.
He was taken to the Wayne County Jail.
wayne county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help