Police search for armed robbery suspects in Creedmoor
CREEDMOOR, N.C. (WTVD) -- The search is on in Granville County for the suspects who shot a Butner sweepstakes parlor clerk during a robbery Monday night.
The robbery happened at the Internet Cafe and Sweepstakes off of Highway 56.
The injured clerk told ABC11 outside the business Tuesday afternoon that one of the armed bandits jumped him from behind then another one with a red bandana over his face, fired a shot that hit him in his shoulder.
He said the gunman and two other men then quickly fled the scene in a gold Lexus sedan.
A short time later, about two and a half miles away, Creedmoor police tried to stop the suspects' car on Durham Avenue, however the vehicle crashed and the three men fled the scene.
Homeowner Jimmy Hundley told ABC11 that he believed the suspects mistook his driveway for a road that's no longer a throughway.
"They slammed in the side of my truck, and jumped and ran," he said. "Yeah, I didn't even know they were out here until a neighbor called. I'm just glad the robbers didn't try to get in our house or a neighbor's house."
Hundley said officers told him one of the suspects was wearing a white shirt.
"He said the other two were laying in the back seat where they couldn't be seen," Hundley said. "By the time he got here they both done fled through the woods."
Police confirmed the three men ran into a nearby wooded area, but officers were able to apprehend one of the suspects. The other two are still on the loose.
Nineteen-year-old Brandon Jamal Sharpe of Durham, is facing robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous weapon inflicting serious injury charges. He is currently being held at the Granville County jail.
Further details about the incident have not been released at this time.
granville county, robbery, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help