Suspect named in fatal shooting at Fayetteville house party
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police detectives have identified the victim from a fatal shooting that happened at a party early Monday morning and they have a warrant out for the suspect.
Officers were called to the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. after someone reported the shooting.
Police said about 15 people who were at the house party said three men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint. During the incident, 28-year-old Danny Ray McFadden was shot and killed
Detectives have a warrant against 25-year-old Anthony Dwayne Hair for first-degree murder in connection with McFadden's death.
Police said the case is still under investigation, and additional suspects and charges may be forthcoming.
Hair does not have a current address, but has been known to frequent the areas of Bonnie Doone and Massey Hill.
People are urged not to approach Hair, as he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information should contact the Fayetteville Police Department through 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash