Suspect named in fatal shooting at Fayetteville house party
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police detectives have identified the victim from a fatal shooting that happened at a party early Monday morning and they have a warrant out for the suspect.
Officers were called to the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. after someone reported the shooting.
Police said about 15 people who were at the house party said three men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint. During the incident, 28-year-old Danny Ray McFadden was shot and killed
Detectives have a warrant against 25-year-old Anthony Dwayne Hair for first-degree murder in connection with McFadden's death.
Police said the case is still under investigation, and additional suspects and charges may be forthcoming.
Hair does not have a current address, but has been known to frequent the areas of Bonnie Doone and Massey Hill.
People are urged not to approach Hair, as he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information should contact the Fayetteville Police Department through 911 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 2 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- NCCU new head football coach named 27 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges 17 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 52 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC 38 min ago
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed 31 min ago
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil
1 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges
19 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help