Police: Man stole Walmart gun, refused to leave bathroom
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Rocky Mount arrested a man at a Walmart after they said he stole a gun that was for sale and refused to leave the store's bathroom.
Rocky Mount police officers responded to a Walmart at 1511 Benvenue Road on Saturday at 2:43 p.m. in reference to a domestic disturbance.
Police said 44-year-old Ricky Edward Frazier, of 1705 Shamrock Ln., went into the sporting goods section of Walmart, smashed a glass gun case and took out a rifle. Frazier ran into the men's restroom with the rifle at the back of the store and refused to leave.
Officers were eventually able to take Frazier into custody. No one was injured in the incident.
Frazier is charged with larceny of a firearm, going armed to the terror of the public, and damage to property. He also faces charges for multiple outstanding warrants for driving violations.
He was placed in Nash County Jail under a $20,000 bond.
nash county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 7 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness 33 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 40 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 43 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash