Mother of murder suspect Jon Broyhill issues statement
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The political strategist stabbed inside her north Raleigh home one week ago was laid to rest Monday afternoon.
Jamie Hahn's funeral was held in her hometown of Orangeburg, S.C.
Authorities say Jon Broyhill stabbed Hahn and her husband Nation April 22. Nation survived.
Broyhill's mother, Kay, released this statement Monday from her home in Hickory:
"Our family is still reeling from the shock of what happened last Monday. Our hearts are broken for the Kirk/Hahn families, and we pray God will bring His peace and comfort to them in their grieving. Jon has always had a sweet, gentle nature and been loved by all who know him. We will continue to love and support him in any way we can."
Broyhill remains at WakeMed after stabbing himself. However, his status is no longer available. At last check, he was in good condition.
When Broyhill is released, he is expected to be charged with murder.
In addition to the murder charge, there are allegations Broyhill may have embezzled campaign funds from one of Jamie's clients and lied to church members about having cancer.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 35 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma 18 min ago
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 13 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 3 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Teachers union files suit challenging school voucher law
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help