Arrests in Durham bank muggings
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police have arrested two men in a series of strong arm robberies in bank parking lots.
Vernon Toomer, 40, of Morreene Road is charged with attempted common-law robbery, conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle in connection with an April 8 incident at Wells-Fargo at 3600 North Duke Street.
Investigators have also charged Duane Curtis Bond, 43, of Maymount Drive with attempted common-law robbery and felony conspiracy in connection with an April 12 incident at Wells-Fargo at 3600 North Duke Street.
Bond was also arrested on charges from three incidents in March. He was charged with common-law robbery, felony conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle in three incidents:
- March 12 in the parking lot of SunTrust Bank, 5112 North Roxboro Street.
- March 15 in the parking lot of Northgate Mall, 1058 West Club Boulevard.
- March 18 in the parking lot of SunTrust Bank, 2008 East NC 54 Highway.
Bond was arrested with a second man by Orange County Sheriff's deputies on April 23 following a robbery in the parking lot of a Wells-Fargo Bank in Mebane. Bond was charged with common-law robbery and possession of a stolen vehicle in connection with the Mebane robbery. He is currently in the Alamance County Jail.
durham county, robbery, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help