Man shot, killed in Fuquay-Varina
FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Fuquay-Varina are investigating a shooting that left one person dead Tuesday afternoon.
Police said it happened just after 2:20 p.m. in the 100 block of Coley Farm Road.
James Melvin Jolly, 64, was found deceased inside a home there.
Police told ABC11 that a person was being questioned about the shooting.
"It is hard to think that somebody that you may have seen in passing, you're not going to see anymore," said Rosemary Rezendes.
It was a strange realization for Rezendes when she found out the man she waved to on her walks past his home would no longer be there to wave back.
"That's really hard to take," she said.
News of Jolly's death is something everyone in this neighborhood will have to deal with. It's an area many say isn't very safe to begin with.
Minister Howard Clemens lives nearby.
"No, not generally safe, stuff happens here, gun shots, stuff like that," said Clemens.
Clemens said he heard about Jolly's death when his 14-year-old son came home from school.
"This small neighborhood," Clemens said. "It's a concern."
Fuquay-Varina police will only say that they found Jolly dead inside the home with a gunshot wound.
They are releasing little information at this time about the crime scene.
wake county, shooting, local/state, angelica alvarez
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help