Things looking up for Army family battling military, PTSD
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- There are encouraging developments for a Fort Bragg Army wife and her family.
Crystal Reilly's husband is a Fort Bragg soldier dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Last week, ABC11 showed you the yard sale she was holding in front of her home to help pay the bills.
Now Crystal's husband, Sgt. Charles Reilly, is getting the help he needs, and that your generosity is helping her family.
"The last time you saw me, I was obviously at my defeated wits end," said Crystal.
However, days after we met crystal and told her story about battling her soldier husband's command over the lack of PTSD treatment, things are starting to change.
"My husband is currently in a facility as of this morning getting treatment," said Crystal.
It's something Crystal said she begged for since February following Sgt. Reilly's sixth war deployment. Instead, she said the issues were shrugged off. Sgt. Reilly was called a "faker" and his alcohol-induced PTSD episodes led to back-to-back demotions resulting in a severe pay cut.
That's what caused Crystal to sell her belongings in the front yard of her Fayetteville home last week. She also posted angry posted about her battle with the military.
Then, ABC11 viewers and people from across the world stepped in to help.
Still, there's the criticism and some people are saying there has to be more to this story.
Reilly said the command claimed her husband had walked out on two facility treatment centers -- a reason not to admit him. However, she pulled out the certificates and records showing otherwise.
"I've got the paperwork to back up what I'm saying," said Crystal.
They moved on it Monday, following her very public cry for help. So she shrugs off the backlash. Her husband was seemingly unfazed by the publicity.
"He is at the point where he doesn't care about very much, and that's why I'm so adamant about getting him what he needs," said Crystal. "Just moving on period is a big step for us."
fort bragg, cumberland county, local/state, nicole carr
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck 18 min ago
- Family gets new home for holidays 29 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Family gets new home for holidays
29 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help